We’re proud to announce that we will begin accepting applications from same-sex domestic partners who want to serve together as Volunteers overseas!
Same-sex couples may begin the application process starting Monday, June 3.
Another step forward! It’s about time. Yay ya ya ya!
Changing the world one step at a time. Cheers to Peace Corps getting down with equality :)
The next few weeks of class, before finals, I’m going to be talking about relationships and dating, which all of the students are very excited about. Especially since they all want to find their “one true lover”.
For their most recent journal assignment I asked them to write about their “perfect date”…
Here are some of my favorites:
What makes a perfect date?
1. Making a date with my true lover girl. Just sitting and staring at her, I’m enjoyable.
2. As far as I’m concerned, music, wine and red candle can make a perfect date.
3. A talkative boy makes a perfect date. If he is silence there is no active atmosphere and there is no joy.
4. A perfect date musn’t be sleeping or working all the day. But in my opinion, staying with my girlfriend all the time is so perfect date.
5. Sunny day, funny place, the one you lover.
6. I have a date with Lasa. Next year I will ride my bicycle to see my lover. (I’m assuming he’s going to Tibet?)
7. Win success or something that blossom and bear fruit. Having a sweet appointment with lover is also a good choice.
8. When you have a date, sincerity and a little shyness will make it perfect. Besides when and where you should have the date is also very important. I think you date her (him) at a park about 6:00pm is a great choice.